Good news! To provide faster support and grow the community, we'll be changing the forum to "Read Only" and turn to Discord instead for support.
Join here: https://discord.gg/zjNj5zZ

2 DAYS TILL QUEST SYSTEM PRO, GET PUMPED!

MikeNorton

Re: 2 DAYS TILL QUEST SYSTEM PRO, GET PUMPED!

Postby MikeNorton » Thu May 12, 2016 3:38 pm

Any update? I can hardly wait.. well. . ok.. I am waiting. . Just can't wait to see what you have in store.

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Postby jjahuijbregts » Thu May 12, 2016 4:07 pm

MikeNorton wrote:Any update? I can hardly wait.. well. . ok.. I am waiting. . Just can't wait to see what you have in store.

If you're up for giving me some feedback I'd gladly send you the first version :). Send me a PM or mail and I'll get you a download link (anyone who wishes to test of course :P)

Beta pointers:
The UI is terrible; I will fix this soon

When in the dialogue editor you can click the edges (the lines between nodes) and add conditions to them. Edges are attempted from left to right, so.. if you have 3 exit edges (3 outgoing lines) it will try the first, if that one is restricted, the next, and so on.

To enable the integrations (including inventory pro & playmaker) go to Tools / Quest system Pro / Integration manager and check the boxes.

What I'd like tested:
The workflow, are some area's tedious, and of course 'why'?
Quest and task creation.
General workflow, set up a quest, try to connect it with a custom dialogue and see where this process can be improved.
Additional features you might miss or could be improved.

Some feedback I already received:
Add colors to nodes (auto) so that you can see which belong to the player / which belong to the dialogue owner (NPC), as well as distinction between different node types (maybe by category?).

Choosing quests inside dialogues (to set progress and such) can get messy, if you have a LOT of quests it can be hard to find the right one in the huge list.

Grouping of quests "I'm building my game around chapters so I could use such a system to help me visualize and manage all the ropes without mixing or entangling them!".

BrodyXBlank

Postby BrodyXBlank » Sat May 14, 2016 4:24 pm

jjahuijbregts wrote:
MikeNorton wrote:Any update? I can hardly wait.. well. . ok.. I am waiting. . Just can't wait to see what you have in store.

If you're up for giving me some feedback I'd gladly send you the first version :). Send me a PM or mail and I'll get you a download link (anyone who wishes to test of course :P)

Beta pointers:

When in the dialogue editor you can click the edges (the lines between nodes) and add conditions to them. Edges are attempted from left to right, so.. if you have 3 exit edges (3 outgoing lines) it will try the first, if that one is restricted, the next, and so on.

To enable the integrations (including inventory pro & playmaker) go to Tools / Quest system Pro / Integration manager and check the boxes.

What I'd like tested:
Quest and task creation.
General workflow, set up a quest, try to connect it with a custom dialogue and see where this process can be improved.

Add colors to nodes (auto) so that you can see which belong to the player / which belong to the dialogue owner (NPC), as well as distinction between different node types (maybe by category?).

Choosing quests inside dialogues (to set progress and such) can get messy, if you have a LOT of quests it can be hard to find the right one in the huge list.

Grouping of quests "I'm building my game around chapters so I could use such a system to help me visualize and manage all the ropes without mixing or entangling them!".

Hi Devdog :)
Will this quest system pro be a standalone asset or dependent on inv pro?
thanks

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Postby jjahuijbregts » Sat May 14, 2016 5:27 pm

BrodyXBlank wrote:
jjahuijbregts wrote:

Beta pointers:

What I'd like tested:
Quest and task creation.

Hi Devdog :)
Will this quest system pro be a standalone asset or dependent on inv pro?
thanks

It will be standalone with an optional inventory pro integration + some various other 3rd party assets like PlayMaker and rewired (more to come).

Cruyel

Postby Cruyel » Mon May 16, 2016 10:56 am

hey

i want to contact you but idk how :?:

thanks <3

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Postby jjahuijbregts » Mon May 16, 2016 12:23 pm

Cruyel wrote:hey

i want to contact you but idk how :?:

thanks <3

Well I think you just did :P - You can use the forums or contact form (see link in the main menu)

Cruyel

Postby Cruyel » Tue May 17, 2016 8:31 am

lol the contact form does't work meeh ..

i just wanna ask about the quest assest i have been waiting for this like 1 month lol if u can give me information or anything about the assest etc and sorry for Bother you

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Postby jjahuijbregts » Tue May 17, 2016 9:03 am

Cruyel wrote:lol the contact form does't work meeh ..

i just wanna ask about the quest assest i have been waiting for this like 1 month lol if u can give me information or anything about the assest etc and sorry for Bother you

Fixed the contact form, not sure why it broke. Anyway, the quest system :) - I've posted some sneak peeks over at: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/wip-qu ... es.401846/ .

The system is almost done (for real this time :P), I'm currently patching up the UI, clearing up code, writing documentation and getting ready for release.

Cruyel

Postby Cruyel » Tue May 17, 2016 10:06 am

looks cool tho wish you luck <<<<3

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Postby jjahuijbregts » Tue May 24, 2016 5:40 pm

Cruyel wrote:looks cool tho wish you luck <<<<3

It's been uploaded and awaiting approval by Unity :) - With a little luck it will be live on Friday - More info at: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/wip-quest-system-pro-create-quests-achievements-and-dialogues.401846/

Return to “Updates & Downloads”