Good news! To provide faster support and grow the community, we'll be changing the forum to "Read Only" and turn to Discord instead for support.
Join here: https://discord.gg/zjNj5zZ

Melee Weapons of Brutality!

mohdanis
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:31 pm

Melee Weapons of Brutality!

Postby mohdanis » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:10 pm

Are there plans to release additional art assets with similar art style? Say ranged weapons and magic or styled from different historical background? Asking coz would be nice to have variety :)

Thank you!

User avatar
jjahuijbregts
Site Admin
Posts: 2091
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Melee Weapons of Brutality!

Postby jjahuijbregts » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:10 pm

mohdanis wrote:Are there plans to release additional art assets with similar art style? Say ranged weapons and magic or styled from different historical background? Asking coz would be nice to have variety :)

Thank you!


Well, we're always up for feedback and improving our assets :) - Are you referring to another asset like this, or extra models for the melee weapons of brutality? We of course want to keep the style consistent, so the style can't deviate too much.

mohdanis
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:31 pm

Re: Melee Weapons of Brutality!

Postby mohdanis » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:39 pm

jjahuijbregts wrote:Well, we're always up for feedback and improving our assets :) - Are you referring to another asset like this, or extra models for the melee weapons of brutality? We of course want to keep the style consistent, so the style can't deviate too much.


Personally I would like to see a full/mega pack, perhaps broken up into multiple parts as it's hard to make a game with a bunch of different art styles (if I have to source from multiple packs). Alternatively you could look at doing a mixture of mega packs and smaller packs (there's a bunch of assets already like that in the store). Ideally I would like to see the following:

(1) Different weapon types based on ranged/melee/magic.

(2) Different models to go with it. Could be focused on bipedal humanoids (dwarves/elves/skeletons/ratkin/etc.). Though animations might need to be tweaked.

(3) Perhaps another pack for creatures.

I won't say I'll buy them all (tho I did grab Inventory Pro, Los Pro and Quest System Pro since they seemed good and I've only used Inventory Pro so far).. but I've been looking for mega packs so that I won't have to worry about multiple art styles :). E.g. this is one I've been looking at https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/61559 but still waiting as I don't have an urgent need for it yet and it's lacking in humanoid characters.

User avatar
jjahuijbregts
Site Admin
Posts: 2091
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Melee Weapons of Brutality!

Postby jjahuijbregts » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:43 pm

mohdanis wrote:
jjahuijbregts wrote:Well, we're always up for feedback and improving our assets :) - Are you referring to another asset like this, or extra models for the melee weapons of brutality? We of course want to keep the style consistent, so the style can't deviate too much.


Personally I would like to see a full/mega pack, perhaps broken up into multiple parts as it's hard to make a game with a bunch of different art styles (if I have to source from multiple packs). Alternatively you could look at doing a mixture of mega packs and smaller packs (there's a bunch of assets already like that in the store). Ideally I would like to see the following:

(1) Different weapon types based on ranged/melee/magic.

(2) Different models to go with it. Could be focused on bipedal humanoids (dwarves/elves/skeletons/ratkin/etc.). Though animations might need to be tweaked.

(3) Perhaps another pack for creatures.

I won't say I'll buy them all (tho I did grab Inventory Pro, Los Pro and Quest System Pro since they seemed good and I've only used Inventory Pro so far).. but I've been looking for mega packs so that I won't have to worry about multiple art styles :). E.g. this is one I've been looking at https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/61559 but still waiting as I don't have an urgent need for it yet and it's lacking in humanoid characters.


Awesome, thanks for the feedback, I'll be sure to pass it onto the designers :) - If you're not already registered to the mailing list; We use that to notify of big asset updates and new product launches, and giveaways.

mohdanis
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:31 pm

Re: Melee Weapons of Brutality!

Postby mohdanis » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:19 pm

jjahuijbregts wrote:Awesome, thanks for the feedback, I'll be sure to pass it onto the designers :) - If you're not already registered to the mailing list; We use that to notify of big asset updates and new product launches, and giveaways.


Thank you! Will register to the mailing list!


Return to “Updates & Downloads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest