Good news! To provide faster support and grow the community, we'll be changing the forum to "Read Only" and turn to Discord instead for support.
Join here: https://discord.gg/zjNj5zZ

V2.1.5

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

V2.1.5

Postby jjahuijbregts » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:27 pm

Version 2.1.5
Bugfixes, bugfixes, bugfixes... & Improvements!

Version 2.1.5 just went live in the asset store!
A whole list of bugs and annoyances fixed for this release, care to know the details? See below.

What changed?
    Removed plyGame namespace from UFPSEquippable item
    Photon component fix, already in Photon.MonoBehaviour
    Allow LINQ to be used on collections.
    Updated to Unity 5.1 + updated the scriptable object creation (unity 5.1 feature)
    Improved character stats (properties are now used in stats calculations)
    Character stats data providers
    plyGame casted the uints to ints, uints aren't compatible with plyGame.
    + Added plyGame check (compare itemID's)
    plyGame comments for plyBlox actions ( temp variables )
    ObjectTriggererHandler, hide cursor for UFPS
    Drag accepters, added to CharacterUI and Vendor
    Extra plyGame actions plyBlox (GetItemID, GetItemCategoryName, GetItemCategoryID, GetItemTypeName)
    Extra PlayMaker actions (GetItemID, GetItemCategoryName, GetItemCategoryID, GetItemTypeName)
    Added manual raycasting for items instead of OnPointerEnter to fix mobile builds ( standard unity approach doesn't work )
    News editor window
    Refactoring and cleanup + started on modularity

Updating to V2.1.5
The ShowObjectTriggerer has been renamed to ObjectTriggererHandler, therefore the component will have to be re-added to your scenes.

Duffer

Re: V2.1.5 - features now and in development

Postby Duffer » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:36 am

@ developer,

Not sure where to post queries and apologies if asked one before by email somewhere - getting to the point where I could really do with an Inventory asset and this asset looks superb.

However, I've got some capability questions and it would be great to confirm whether things are already available in current release or whether they are planned soon or planned later in development:-

1. with databases, are they encrypted? how are they stored (items, equipment etc);

2. how does the system handle blueprints? For instance, let's say I've designed a basis sword design (item) and then a very specific sword item. Can this system take either as a blue print to create a new sword unique to itself on the fly?

3. blueprints - can it allow for these ie. template items?

4. Subtypes (I may have asked about this elsewhere). Can you have Item subtytpes, Weapon subtypes etc?

5. Useable items, readable items - does the system allow for say notes, parchment, books that can be read?

6. Dye - can items be recoloured etc

7. Currency - can you break it down, ie. gold, silver and bronze pieces?

8. With multiple player characters, can you have inventories, stores, packhorse stores, home stores, multiple inventories for each player character? (as well as banks, shops, etc)?

9. Does the system allow with spawning of items, chests, items within chests, other container types (ie. bottles etc).

10. Stackables - how is this managed?

Finally, if not mentioned above, where/how are you developing this asset next?

Many thanks in advance...

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Re: V2.1.5 - features now and in development

Postby jjahuijbregts » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:04 am

Duffer wrote:1. with databases, are they encrypted? how are they stored (items, equipment etc);

Items are stored as prefabs and serialized in a ScriptableObject that functions as it's database. This way you, as the developer, will have full control over the items, you'll easily be able to add custom components, models, materials, etc.

Duffer wrote:2. how does the system handle blueprints? For instance, let's say I've designed a basis sword design (item) and then a very specific sword

item. Can this system take either as a blue print to create a new sword unique to itself on the fly?

I'm not entirely following, would you like to create blueprints on the fly? If so, no problem :)

Duffer wrote:3. blueprints - can it allow for these ie. template items?

What exactly do you mean by a template item? A previously crafted item?

Duffer wrote:4. Subtypes (I may have asked about this elsewhere). Can you have Item subtytpes, Weapon subtypes etc

Not currently although there is a property editor that allows you to add custom properties, so this could be used for categories.
There are however types and categories, the type is leading (consumable, equippable), so a category could be considered a sub-category.

Duffer wrote:5. Useable items, readable items - does the system allow for say notes, parchment, books that can be read?

It would require some custom code to trigger the "book", etc. But in theory yes no problem. By default there are 5 build in item types ( Consumable, equippable, static (does nothing), bag, base (all implement from base)). You can very, very easily create a new type for more info have a look at: http://devdog.nl/unity/document/extendi ... item-type/

Duffer wrote:Dye - can items be recoloured etc

This isn't directly build into the system, however, all inventory items, as previously said, are prefabs. These prefabs contain models / textures / materials, etc. which can be colored like any other Unity object.

Duffer wrote:7. Currency - can you break it down, ie. gold, silver and bronze pieces?

Currently working on this. Although it isn't currently impossible, just a bit cumbersome.

Duffer wrote:8. With multiple player characters, can you have inventories, stores, packhorse stores, home stores, multiple inventories for each player character? (as well as banks, shops, etc)?

Each character currently has the following that only he / she can use:

- Character window (equipment & stats)
- Inventory / inventories ( a player can have as many inventories as you like )
- Skillbar

The bank is currently shared across all characters.

Duffer wrote:9. Does the system allow with spawning of items, chests, items within chests, other container types (ie. bottles etc).

Yep, not a problem at all. Again items are prefabs, so can be created with GameObject.Instantiate<InventoryItemBase>(myItem);. Then you can treat it like any other Unity object.

Adding items to chests (lootables) is also easy, each lootable has an array "items". Optionally you can also call myLootable.GenerateItems(5); // To generate a set of items.

Duffer wrote:10. Stackables - how is this managed?

Each item has it's own stack size, and stack limit. The stack limit can be configured inside the item editor, and the current stack size is run-time only. This item is than wrapped using a UI wrapper ( http://devdog.nl/unity/document/core-concepts/wrappers/ ), that handles all of the UI specific functionality.

If you'd like to see some future plans / what I'm currently working on have a look at the Unity forums: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/invent ... ore.308505 or https://bitbucket.org/jjahuijbregts/inventorypro/issues

Duffer

Re: V2.1.5

Postby Duffer » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:01 pm

@ jj - thanks for such a comprehensive and quick response..! I think I am sold!

ozziedave

Postby ozziedave » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:15 am

Hi DevDog,

There appears to be a bug in the latest version in the Unity Store

I have Unity 5.0.2f1 and Windows 8.1 - Below the problems
Inventory System Bugs.JPG
Inventory System Bugs.JPG (65.17 KiB) Viewed 1538 times

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Postby jjahuijbregts » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:21 am

ozziedave wrote:Hi DevDog,

There appears to be a bug in the latest version in the Unity Store

I have Unity 5.0.2f1 and Windows 8.1 - Below the problems
Inventory System Bugs.JPG

Be sure to upgrade to Unity 5.1, when checking for an update inside unity it will tell you it's up to date, but trust me there's an update :)

Return to “Updates & Downloads”