Good news! To provide faster support and grow the community, we'll be changing the forum to "Read Only" and turn to Discord instead for support.
Join here: https://discord.gg/zjNj5zZ

Help with setting up UFPS

FineLivingston

Help with setting up UFPS

Postby FineLivingston » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:05 am

I am having issues getting started with adding Inventory Pro with UFPS. The first problem i am having is that even with the checkbox marked for UFPS integration there have been no inventory pro UFPS components added so i cant even add them to the character. And i have looked through the forums , and tried to re import but still no components. I am also getting an error .

Here is the error i am getting
Assets/Devdog/InventoryPro/Scripts/Integration/UFPS/ItemTriggerUFPS.cs(32,39): error CS0161: `Devdog.InventoryPro.Integration.UFPS.ItemTriggerUFPS.Start()': not all code paths return a value

Thanks for any and all help

Tried a least a half dozen more times, then i decided to start a new project, all i added to the project was Inventory Pro and UFPS, I pulled up the written documentation and went word for word on the set up, still no inventory pro ufps components. Still getting the same error as above. I hope this is not what i can expect from everything i try to add because i went by what DevDog said would work with inventory pro and i bought the Inventory pro, UFPS, Ufps multiplayer, Devdog Quest Pro, Devdog Space UI , u connect. So far 12 hours and i cant even get the first couple of steps to work. Most of everything i find is out of date , and i am going by the documentation on the site but was looking for other information that may help. If anybody out there can help me get going i sure would appreciate it so much.

Update: I have tried another 12 hours of different ways of making this work, 3 days total so far and nothing to show for it. At this point and time every time i try to get it to work either another bug or error, or something that is in the documentation is not in the asset. This seems to be a lost cause, i have spent over 150 dollars in these assets and cant even get the first 2 to work together. It seems with the price and quality of these assets there would be better docs and up to date videos to help customers out in getting them up and running, especially integrations with the assets that is being said would work well with each other. At the moment i am not sure what i think about this asset, and thinking maybe i have wasted a lot of money on a bunch of assets that are never going to work right together. I programmer i was talking to said it would be easier to write your own code then spend days trying to get these working together. So on that note if anyone can help a big thanks to you.

Another Update July19th
This has become so frustrating, this is just another thing i find very annoying, every time i try to do anything the getting started boxes appear for all three of the devdog assets, and every time i try and click the checkbox to stop them from appearing it opens up yet another box, the integration box, and still i can not uncheck the box to make it stop, i have already had to exit out of them 4 times in 30 minutes, so i finally have removed all 3 of the DevDog assets.

Update August 7th
After all this no one has even responded to the problems i am having with these assets.. Really wanted to use these assets thats why i bought them. I have heard so many good things about how quick the devs respond, how good these assets work with others, and on and on. But so far as you can see from my post, no dev response so far, and i cant say much for the asset since i cannot get them to work, and they cause more problems the more i try..

Update August 19th.
4 days ago i decided to just ask for a refund and i sent an email to them. He responded back the next day telling me that he could refund if it was bought within the last 30 days.. lol This post has been here longer than that, and he also ask if i was having problems with the assets and if there was something they could do to help. I wrote him back and told him that all the assets were more than a month old so i guess i want be getting a refund, but if someone could help me get them going i would be fine with that too. I also sent him a link to this post so he could see that i have been trying to get help. Every since then i haven't heard from them again, nor has he responded to this post either.. So as of now, just on Devdog assets i feel that i wasted $125 dollars, and thats not counting the other assets i bought that were supposed to be easy integration with these assets.

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Re: Help with setting up UFPS

Postby jjahuijbregts » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:04 pm

FineLivingston wrote:I am having issues getting started with adding Inventory Pro with UFPS. The first problem i am having is that even with the checkbox marked for UFPS integration there have been no inventory pro UFPS components added so i cant even add them to the character. And i have looked through the forums , and tried to re import but still no components. I am also getting an error .

Here is the error i am getting
Assets/Devdog/InventoryPro/Scripts/Integration/UFPS/ItemTriggerUFPS.cs(32,39): error CS0161: `Devdog.InventoryPro.Integration.UFPS.ItemTriggerUFPS.Start()': not all code paths return a value

Thanks for any and all help

Tried a least a half dozen more times, then i decided to start a new project, all i added to the project was Inventory Pro and UFPS, I pulled up the written documentation and went word for word on the set up, still no inventory pro ufps components. Still getting the same error as above. I hope this is not what i can expect from everything i try to add because i went by what DevDog said would work with inventory pro and i bought the Inventory pro, UFPS, Ufps multiplayer, Devdog Quest Pro, Devdog Space UI , u connect. So far 12 hours and i cant even get the first couple of steps to work. Most of everything i find is out of date , and i am going by the documentation on the site but was looking for other information that may help. If anybody out there can help me get going i sure would appreciate it so much.

Update: I have tried another 12 hours of different ways of making this work, 3 days total so far and nothing to show for it. At this point and time every time i try to get it to work either another bug or error, or something that is in the documentation is not in the asset. This seems to be a lost cause, i have spent over 150 dollars in these assets and cant even get the first 2 to work together. It seems with the price and quality of these assets there would be better docs and up to date videos to help customers out in getting them up and running, especially integrations with the assets that is being said would work well with each other. At the moment i am not sure what i think about this asset, and thinking maybe i have wasted a lot of money on a bunch of assets that are never going to work right together. I programmer i was talking to said it would be easier to write your own code then spend days trying to get these working together. So on that note if anyone can help a big thanks to you.

Another Update July19th
This has become so frustrating, this is just another thing i find very annoying, every time i try to do anything the getting started boxes appear for all three of the devdog assets, and every time i try and click the checkbox to stop them from appearing it opens up yet another box, the integration box, and still i can not uncheck the box to make it stop, i have already had to exit out of them 4 times in 30 minutes, so i finally have removed all 3 of the DevDog assets.

Update August 7th
After all this no one has even responded to the problems i am having with these assets.. Really wanted to use these assets thats why i bought them. I have heard so many good things about how quick the devs respond, how good these assets work with others, and on and on. But so far as you can see from my post, no dev response so far, and i cant say much for the asset since i cannot get them to work, and they cause more problems the more i try..

Update August 19th.
4 days ago i decided to just ask for a refund and i sent an email to them. He responded back the next day telling me that he could refund if it was bought within the last 30 days.. lol This post has been here longer than that, and he also ask if i was having problems with the assets and if there was something they could do to help. I wrote him back and told him that all the assets were more than a month old so i guess i want be getting a refund, but if someone could help me get them going i would be fine with that too. I also sent him a link to this post so he could see that i have been trying to get help. Every since then i haven't heard from them again, nor has he responded to this post either.. So as of now, just on Devdog assets i feel that i wasted $125 dollars, and thats not counting the other assets i bought that were supposed to be easy integration with these assets.

Appologies for the delays. These issues have been patched and should roll out soon.

To fix your issue directly you can open the ItemTriggerUFPS.cs file and add the following at the bottom of the Start method:

yield return null;

This will resolve the error, and should compile your code. There are, however, some additional issues that will be patched in the next update round.

DragonTTK

Re: Help with setting up UFPS

Postby DragonTTK » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:53 pm

When will this update come out, i had the same issue this guy had but a few months ago.

Return to “UFPS”