Good news! To provide faster support and grow the community, we'll be changing the forum to "Read Only" and turn to Discord instead for support.
Join here: https://discord.gg/zjNj5zZ

No local copy of UFPS item / No damage from non-master player

TondaFS

No local copy of UFPS item / No damage from non-master player

Postby TondaFS » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:26 am

Hello,

I am trying to set up inventory in UFPS multiplayer, but there are two things that are still not working for me...

1) When a player picks up ufps item from scene and adds it to his inventory, in most cases, the other connected player gets the message: No local copy of ufps item with ID found, ignoring call and the item remains in scene for him. It keeps showing both for EquippableUFPSItem and UnitTypeUFPSItem.
The player can equip items normally and use it (eg. equip machine gun, ammo and shoot with it), but other players can see it only if he gets the message Giving UFPS Item to the player.

2) For some reason, non-master players don't do damage to anyone. Not to master or other non-master players. Only the master can do damage to others.
I tried to test the demo scene, but it's not working for me there either. So I at least checked if the setting on both local and remote players are the same as in demo scene. I also checked if all other stuff are in place: InventoryMPUFPSPickupManager as component on GameMode gameobject (enabling and disabling vp_MPPickupManager has no effect), settings of weapons and ammo in main editor.

Local Player:
localPlayer.png
localPlayer.png (74.8 KiB) Viewed 116 times

Machinegun:
machineGun.png
machineGun.png (76.83 KiB) Viewed 116 times

Ammo:
machineBullet.png
machineBullet.png (72.12 KiB) Viewed 116 times

I'm using Unity 2017.1.0f3, UFPS 1.7.1, Inventory Pro V2.5.8.

Any idea, where could be the problem?
Thanks

TondaFS

Re: No local copy of UFPS item / No damage from non-master player

Postby TondaFS » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:07 am

UPDATE
ad 1) It seems like IDs of items are not the same for all players thus the missing local copy of UFPS item in the dictionary. The change between IDs is same for all items which could not be found and its usually quite small (eg. difference is 8, like ID 537225 for master and 537233 for other player).
The strange thing is, that sometimes all IDs are the same for both players and sometimes just few of them differs.
Is there some way to force check if the IDs are same and if they differ, change it according to master?

Return to “UFPS”