Good news! To provide faster support and grow the community, we'll be changing the forum to "Read Only" and turn to Discord instead for support.
Join here: https://discord.gg/zjNj5zZ

Unity 2017 combatibility?

hellhound_01

Unity 2017 combatibility?

Postby hellhound_01 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:38 pm

Recently I bought the Sci-Fi Design UI package. At the moment I try to get the demo scenes working using Unity 2017. I set up a new project and add only the DevDog asset. When I start the InGame Scene I got several compiler errors:

Code: Select all

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualContainer.LoadStyleSheetsFromPaths () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/VisualContainer.cs:302)
UnityEditor.GUIView.get_panel () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUIView.cs:43)
UnityEditor.GUIView.get_visualTree () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUIView.cs:53)
UnityEditor.DockArea.OnEnable () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:120)
UnityEditor.EditorWindow:GetWindow()
Devdog.SciFiDesign.Editors.SciFiDesignGettingStarted:InitializeOnLoadMethod() (at Assets/Devdog/SciFiDesign/FirstVersion/Scripts/Editor/SciFiDesignGettingStarted.cs:43)
UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes()

Code: Select all

ArgumentException: This visualElement is not my child
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualContainer.RemoveChild (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement child) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/VisualContainer.cs:216)
UnityEditor.DockArea.OnDisable () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:153)
UnityEditor.EditorWindow:Close()
Devdog.SciFiDesign.Editors.SciFiDesignGettingStarted:InitializeOnLoadMethod() (at Assets/Devdog/SciFiDesign/FirstVersion/Scripts/Editor/SciFiDesignGettingStarted.cs:47)
UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes()

And Warnings :
The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'RightBox') is missing! (3 times)

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on SciFiSceneLoaderHelper
This message has been deprecated and will be removed in a later version of Unity.
Add a delegate to SceneManager.sceneLoaded instead to get notifications after scene loading has completed

I've reimported the asset multiple times, without any effect. I also found missings in the Settings Dialog.

I tried any other Scene, they got also several Compiler warnings and errors. Is it possible to get this asset working without reviewing and fixing chunks of your code?

Return to “Programming”