Good news! To provide faster support and grow the community, we'll be changing the forum to "Read Only" and turn to Discord instead for support.
Join here: https://discord.gg/zjNj5zZ

Inventory Pro Item used problem

moonstar

Inventory Pro Item used problem

Postby moonstar » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:56 am

Hello,

I use Inventory Pro and im happy with all the great features. But I have a problem, which Im not able to solve on my own.

I have a scene with only the Inventory Window. I load the items from the server and put them per code in the inventory. If I want to use one of the item I doubleclick the item or use the right mouse button. Thats working fine, but...

If I leave this scene and do something other and then go to another scene with a second Inventory. Technically I just copied the first Inventory Window to the other scene. As stated above I load this inventory from the server either.

And now the main problem occurs: If I left click an item it immidiately uses the consumeable item. But thats not what i want. I want to click the item, that shows the stats menue and then I want to click right or double click to use it. But thats not working.

I tried to change both scenes and I can say, that everytime I load a second Inventory window this error occures. Every click on all items in the second inventory calls the use method.

I set the correct settings in the settings menue. If I work with only one scene everything workings fine. Im really lost with this problem.

I hope you have a simple solution :).

Thanks in advanced.

moonstar

Re: Inventory Pro Item used problem

Postby moonstar » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Is there anybody out there? :cry: Yes, I know there is a vacation notice, until the end of July, but Im not able to find the year. Its 2017 :) Is it better to write emails instead? Im totally lost with this problem.

PeterBibinin

Postby PeterBibinin » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:45 pm

Hmmm... Maybe you have deference between settings in scenes in inventory Pro settings.

Waiting for sunrise
-------------------------------------------
Try make world beter ;]

My Advanced Save System tutorial with screen capture like in The Forest !
Advanced Save System
BAZINGA !

moonstar

Postby moonstar » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Hello PeterBibinin,

thanks for your answer. There are no errors in all scenes. Everything is working fine, but the item use problem.

I have 3 different scenes. All items are consumeable items and all items are added in the inventory. All items are working fine. I can load all items in the different scenes and there are no mistakes in quantity or something other.

Only if I change to another scene with the Inventory and I used an item on the other scene, the item is used immediately.

E.g.: I open the Inventory... There are 10 apples and 20 carrots and 10 rabbits in the Inventory. Lets call this scene FirstScene.
If I DO NOT USE any of the items and I open some other scenes. After that I open the second scene with Inventory. Lets call it SecondScene ;). All items are in there and the quantity is correct, either. NOW I USE an apple with rightclick and another with a double click. Everythings ok. There are 8 apple left.

Now i switsch from the SecondScene to the FirstScene. Everythings fine. The 8 apples are there, the carrots and the 10 rabbits too! But if i click now with a single left click on the rabbit, the rabbit is immediately used. If I do a single click on the carrots... there are 19 immediately.

I cant catch the error. I cant find the problem. Do you understand this example?

PeterBibinin

Postby PeterBibinin » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:37 pm

Yes from two click (Use) if you use item in other scene for use now need only one click.
Right?

Hmm.. Do this again and when this happens again open inventory pro settings and check if usage setting doesn't change or change to one click.
Waiting for sunrise
Try make world beter ;]

Advanced Save System
BAZINGA !

moonstar

Postby moonstar » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:04 pm

Hello PeterBibinin,

thanks for your hints. I double check everything in life mode and before. This error is not one time there and next time its gone. Its everytime I use the Inventory. Its the same over and over again. I use only the "use" component in the game and deleted all other Key and Click combinations, but the error is still there.

All usage settings are well and correct in the menu. All other settings are ok. No problems, but this silly error and I rlly dont see why this happens every single time ... .

PeterBibinin

Postby PeterBibinin » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:20 pm

Very weird problem. I never hear about. I don't know how can I help you :/
You use own database for save items between scenes?
I don't know where search to fix this.
Couple time ago I have problem with mouse input but probably this was fixed.
Waiting for sunrise
Try make world beter ;]

Advanced Save System
BAZINGA !

moonstar

Postby moonstar » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:39 pm

Yes, agree, very weird problem. Well, i was so happy about this great script, but I tried for 2 month now and cant solve this problem :(. Slowly Im getting tired in trying everything what i can. I will try 2 new scripts that override the normal used methods and hope the problem is solved. On the other hand Im not glad about this solution, cause I cant use the script outside my current application.

Thank you very much for your help PeterBibinin. If I should find the mistake/error/problem within the next 24 hours, I will post the solution asap. Otherwise Ill give up.

Regards
Moon

nathanj

Postby nathanj » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:24 pm

Hey Moonstar

Are the Inventory collections identical? Does the "Can use from collection" (on the Inventory UI component) change settings during scene changes? No idea why this would be the case, but just a thought.

One other thought, and forgive me if this is naive, but why not set your original inventory collection to don't destroy and have it carry through scenes? I haven't gotten to the point of using a server, so if there is something obvious I am missing I apologise.

Nathan

Return to “Programming”