The board administrator and developer will be on vacation until the end of July. Therefore replies will be slower than usual.

Third Person Controller

Xialya

Third Person Controller

Postby Xialya » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:37 pm

Hello,

I noticed that the sphere collider used to detect a character within sight range is problematic with a character set with Opsive's Third Person Controller. The character blocks against the collider.

Any workaround?

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Re: Third Person Controller

Postby jjahuijbregts » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:33 pm

Xialya wrote:Hello,

I noticed that the sphere collider used to detect a character within sight range is problematic with a character set with Opsive's Third Person Controller. The character blocks against the collider.

Any workaround?

Could you try setting the Sight Layer ID to 2 (ignore raycasts) in the settings (Tools > Los Pro > Main editor > Settings editor tab)? This may fix the issue.

You could also try to ignore the collision between los pro and opsive's third person controller, see: http://devdog.io/unity-assets/los-pro/d ... ng-started at the very bottom collision matrices are explained. Disabling the collision may also improve performance.

KevinShanahan

Postby KevinShanahan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:16 pm

I have seen a similar problem when I used a TacticalShooter AI soldier. The issue, in my case, had not to do with layers, but with the way LoSPro hijacks a sphere collider that may already exist for other purposes.

For DevDog folks, and those who want to hack on the code at least temporarily:
The issue stems from the fact that the ObserverBehaviour.cs InitSightTrigger grabs a hold of the nearest sphere collider. In some situations there already exists a sphere collider being used for other purposes which then gets modified by the LoSPro code to suit its needs.

My solution has been to comment out that first line in InitSightTrigger and mark _sightTrigger with [SerializeField] attribute. This allows me to set the sphere collider it will use and then it wont hijack one that existed for previous purposes.

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Postby jjahuijbregts » Tue May 02, 2017 3:29 pm

KevinShanahan wrote:I have seen a similar problem when I used a TacticalShooter AI soldier. The issue, in my case, had not to do with layers, but with the way LoSPro hijacks a sphere collider that may already exist for other purposes.

For DevDog folks, and those who want to hack on the code at least temporarily:
The issue stems from the fact that the ObserverBehaviour.cs InitSightTrigger grabs a hold of the nearest sphere collider. In some situations there already exists a sphere collider being used for other purposes which then gets modified by the LoSPro code to suit its needs.

My solution has been to comment out that first line in InitSightTrigger and mark _sightTrigger with [SerializeField] attribute. This allows me to set the sphere collider it will use and then it wont hijack one that existed for previous purposes.

Instead of grabbing the current collider I will update it to only generate a new collider. This way it will never interfere with existing sphere colliders on an object.

KevinShanahan

Postby KevinShanahan » Fri May 05, 2017 1:55 am

Thank you for taking the time to read feedback. I really enjoy the quality assets you guys produce.

Return to “Integrations”