The board administrator and developer will be on vacation until the end of July. Therefore replies will be slower than usual.

Repainting Quest Details and a Serialization error

nathanj

Repainting Quest Details and a Serialization error

Postby nathanj » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:27 am

Hello,

In the Quest Window, if a quest is completed and there are no other quests the Quest Details remain until another quest is selected. Is there a way to Repaint (could be on show or hide) the Quest Details panel? If I attach the Quest Details script to a slot on the UI Window there is a Repaint field but it also requires a specific quest be attached to the field. I hope this makes sense.

Also, I started getting this weird error when my player changes scenes. Someone on my team deleted all of the AOT files because they thought that they were causing errors. I re imported the Devdog folder which replaced the missing files but then I started to get this error:

Any help would, as always, be most appreciated.

Nathan

Unable to find member "crossFade",
Unable to find member "crossFadeSpeed",
Unable to find member "crossFadeSpeed"
at Devdog.General.ThirdParty.FullSerializer.fsResult.AssertSuccessWithoutWarnings () [0x0001d] in D:\Projects\VirtualSonglines110717\Assets\Devdog\General\ThirdParty\FullSerializer\Source\fsResult.cs:157
at Devdog.General.JsonSerializer.DeserializeTo (System.Object& obj, System.Type type, System.String json, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 objectReferences) [0x00032] in D:\Projects\VirtualSonglines110717\Assets\Devdog\General\Serialization\JsonSerializer.cs:95
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object, Object)
Devdog.General.DevdogLogger:LogError(String, Object) (at Assets/Devdog/General/Misc/DevdogLogger.cs:77)
Devdog.General.DevdogLogger:LogError(String) (at Assets/Devdog/General/Misc/DevdogLogger.cs:70)
Devdog.General.JsonSerializer:DeserializeTo(Object&, Type, String, List`1) (at Assets/Devdog/General/Serialization/JsonSerializer.cs:99)
Devdog.General.JsonSerializer:DeserializeTo(Object, Type, String, List`1) (at Assets/Devdog/General/Serialization/JsonSerializer.cs:83)
Devdog.General.BetterSerializationModel:Load(List`1&, String&, Object) (at Assets/Devdog/General/Serialization/BetterSerializationModel.cs:35)
Devdog.General.BetterScriptableObject:Load() (at Assets/Devdog/General/Serialization/BetterScriptableObject.cs:32)
Devdog.QuestSystemPro.Dialogue.Dialogue:Load() (at Assets/Devdog/QuestSystemPro/Scripts/Dialogue/Dialogue.cs:105)
Devdog.General.BetterScriptableObject:OnAfterDeserialize() (at Assets/Devdog/General/Serialization/BetterScriptableObject.cs:42)

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Re: Repainting Quest Details and a Serialization error

Postby jjahuijbregts » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:53 pm

nathanj wrote:Hello,

In the Quest Window, if a quest is completed and there are no other quests the Quest Details remain until another quest is selected. Is there a way to Repaint (could be on show or hide) the Quest Details panel? If I attach the Quest Details script to a slot on the UI Window there is a Repaint field but it also requires a specific quest be attached to the field. I hope this makes sense.

Also, I started getting this weird error when my player changes scenes. Someone on my team deleted all of the AOT files because they thought that they were causing errors. I re imported the Devdog folder which replaced the missing files but then I started to get this error:

Any help would, as always, be most appreciated.

Nathan

Unable to find member "crossFadeSpeed"
at Devdog.General.ThirdParty.FullSerializer.fsResult.AssertSuccessWithoutWarnings () [0x0001d] in D:\Projects\VirtualSonglines110717\Assets\Devdog\General\ThirdParty\FullSerializer\Source\fsResult.cs:157
at Devdog.General.JsonSerializer.DeserializeTo (System.Object& obj, System.Type type, System.String json, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 objectReferences) [0x00032] in D:\Projects\VirtualSonglines110717\Assets\Devdog\General\Serialization\JsonSerializer.cs:95
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object, Object)
Devdog.General.DevdogLogger:LogError(String, Object) (at Assets/Devdog/General/Misc/DevdogLogger.cs:77)
Devdog.General.DevdogLogger:LogError(String) (at Assets/Devdog/General/Misc/DevdogLogger.cs:70)
Devdog.General.JsonSerializer:DeserializeTo(Object&, Type, String, List`1) (at Assets/Devdog/General/Serialization/JsonSerializer.cs:99)
Devdog.General.JsonSerializer:DeserializeTo(Object, Type, String, List`1) (at Assets/Devdog/General/Serialization/JsonSerializer.cs:83)
Devdog.General.BetterSerializationModel:Load(List`1&, String&, Object) (at Assets/Devdog/General/Serialization/BetterSerializationModel.cs:35)
Devdog.General.BetterScriptableObject:Load() (at Assets/Devdog/General/Serialization/BetterScriptableObject.cs:32)
Devdog.QuestSystemPro.Dialogue.Dialogue:Load() (at Assets/Devdog/QuestSystemPro/Scripts/Dialogue/Dialogue.cs:105)
Devdog.General.BetterScriptableObject:OnAfterDeserialize() (at Assets/Devdog/General/Serialization/BetterScriptableObject.cs:42)

Yes, you can call DetailedQuestWindowUI.Repaint(quest) to repaint the window. You can call this whenever you'd like; But not that the passed reference can not be null.

You can also call DetailedQuestWindowUI.SelectdQuest(quest); (you can pass null into this to deselect the current), and it will auto. handle repainting + select the right page if no quest is selected.

As for the AOT files, you can regenerate them. You can find it under: Tools/Devdog/Serializer/Generate AOT converters

nathanj

Postby nathanj » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:32 am

Thanks for the quick response.

So Repaint works! I just made a blank Quest with no text and loading that and it seems to work. Thanks for pointing out the obvious, again :roll:

Regarding the AOT converters, I find this kind of confusing. If I rebuild the Devdog folder and regenerate the AOT converters I get the crossfade error mentioned above. If I delete all of the AOT generated files, I don't get the error. Sorry for such a ridiculous question but do I need the files? Even a link to explain what these files do in relation to your assets would be appreciated.

Anyways, enjoy the rest of your holdiay ;)

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Postby jjahuijbregts » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:10 pm

nathanj wrote:Thanks for the quick response.

So Repaint works! I just made a blank Quest with no text and loading that and it seems to work. Thanks for pointing out the obvious, again :roll:

Regarding the AOT converters, I find this kind of confusing. If I rebuild the Devdog folder and regenerate the AOT converters I get the crossfade error mentioned above. If I delete all of the AOT generated files, I don't get the error. Sorry for such a ridiculous question but do I need the files? Even a link to explain what these files do in relation to your assets would be appreciated.

Anyways, enjoy the rest of your holdiay ;)

As long as you're not building your game for an AOT required platform (WII U, iOS (some), XBOX, PS4), you won't need the files and run-time reflection will work just fine :)

Return to “Programming”