Good news! To provide faster support and grow the community, we'll be changing the forum to "Read Only" and turn to Discord instead for support.
Join here: https://discord.gg/zjNj5zZ

New feature suggestions

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Re: New feature suggestions

Postby jjahuijbregts » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:42 am

nathanj wrote:This looks great! A much better implementation than I had suggested :) Can the Node handle positive and negative values?

Looking forward to the update!

Yep, absolutely, you can set any value directly; Also, it's using actual generics, so technically SetVariable and IfVariable can be of any type, as long as they are equitable and/or comparable. Right now there's no UI element to select custom types for SetVariable and IfVariable - I might add this in the future.

nathanj

Postby nathanj » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:14 am

Hey Joris,

Any chance you could give a little instructions with this: "[NEW] SetVariable node and IfVariable edge condition added"

I opened up the Dialogue Editor and opened the Node and Edge Condition but am unable to have the assigned variable communicate with my player's stats. Above you mentioned "The SetVariable node allows you to set any variable that you created in this blueprint:" Could you elaborate on this please?

I get that this is connected to the Variables tab on the right side of the editor but I'm not sure how to assign them to the character. Say I want to add value of 100 to my player's stat "Respect", how would I do this?

Thank you,
Nathan

ramonmolossi

Postby ramonmolossi » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:24 pm

How to set a variable value for use in all dialogues, for example.....{playerName}...

SetVariableNode not showing my variables...

VariablesContainer is not using it parameter:

Code: Select all

public Variable<T> Add<T>(T type)
        {
            var v = new Variable<T>();
            AddVariable(v);
            return v;
        }

Searchbox not mantain focus.You need to click, hold and drag the mouse to get focus.

ramonmolossi

Postby ramonmolossi » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:37 pm

nathanj wrote:Hey Joris,

Any chance you could give a little instructions with this: "[NEW] SetVariable node and IfVariable edge condition added"

I opened up the Dialogue Editor and opened the Node and Edge Condition but am unable to have the assigned variable communicate with my player's stats. Above you mentioned "The SetVariable node allows you to set any variable that you created in this blueprint:" Could you elaborate on this please?

I get that this is connected to the Variables tab on the right side of the editor but I'm not sure how to assign them to the character. Say I want to add value of 100 to my player's stat "Respect", how would I do this?

Thank you,
Nathan

Variables seems have your values to be used on the messages of the dialogue.

Example: Hello, {playerName}.
Output: Hello, Nathan.

To set an external script variable value, you might use a custom "Action Node".

But, until this moment, I don´t know how to retrieve the value of a variable, neither to set some value.

Return to “Programming”