Good news! To provide faster support and grow the community, we'll be changing the forum to "Read Only" and turn to Discord instead for support.
Join here: https://discord.gg/zjNj5zZ

Missing Input Settings

Rusted Games

Missing Input Settings

Postby Rusted Games » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:01 pm

Hello, where can I find list of required Input Settings, I´m getting:

ArgumentException: Input Axis RightStickControllerX is not setup.
To change the input settings use: Edit -> Project Settings -> Input
Devdog.InventorySystem.UI.DragPreviewItem.Update () (at Assets/InventoryProSciFiDesign/FirstVersion/Scripts/DragPreviewItem.cs:29)

Thanks in advance

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Re: Missing Input Settings

Postby jjahuijbregts » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:14 pm

Rusted Games wrote:Hello, where can I find list of required Input Settings, I´m getting:

ArgumentException: Input Axis RightStickControllerX is not setup.
To change the input settings use: Edit -> Project Settings -> Input
Devdog.InventorySystem.UI.DragPreviewItem.Update () (at Assets/InventoryProSciFiDesign/FirstVersion/Scripts/DragPreviewItem.cs:29)

Thanks in advance

These axis are only used by controllers. If you're using a xbox (or xbox one) controller you can check the layout here:

http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php?title ... Controller

If you don't want to use it, make the field blank and it won't check of it's input :)

Rusted Games

Postby Rusted Games » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:19 pm

Thanks @jjahuijbregts
As a matter of fact I do want full controller support, what bothers me is that the RightStickControllerX seems to be hardcoded somewhere. I already have all the inputs for the xbox controller in place so there is no need to add a duplicated one just to comply the expected "RightStickControllerX"

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Postby jjahuijbregts » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:55 pm

Rusted Games wrote:Thanks @jjahuijbregts
As a matter of fact I do want full controller support, what bothers me is that the RightStickControllerX seems to be hardcoded somewhere. I already have all the inputs for the xbox controller in place so there is no need to add a duplicated one just to comply the expected "RightStickControllerX"

In the drag preview item you can enter the name of the axis (as defined in the Unity input manager) used to rotate the object. It's not actually hardcoded; This way you can use a unique set of inputs for the preview item's rotation.

Return to “Visuals”