Good news! To provide faster support and grow the community, we'll be changing the forum to "Read Only" and turn to Discord instead for support.
Join here: https://discord.gg/zjNj5zZ

Documentation

awwilhelm2014

Documentation

Postby awwilhelm2014 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:33 pm

Hey I noticed that Easy Save works with your inventory system, but is there an easy way to do it with the quests? If not, would you be making an easier solution in the near future?

Bests,

Alex Wilhelm

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Re: Documentation

Postby jjahuijbregts » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:55 am

awwilhelm2014 wrote:Hey I noticed that Easy Save works with your inventory system, but is there an easy way to do it with the quests? If not, would you be making an easier solution in the near future?

Bests,

Alex Wilhelm

All you have to do is add the EasySave2SaveLoadManager onto your _Managers object (and remove the original SaveLoadManager if you had it). I'll add this to the documentation.

awwilhelm2014

Postby awwilhelm2014 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:52 pm

Thanks! I attached the manager, but it causes the following error when I quit playmode.

ES2InvalidDataException: Easy Save 2 Error: The file provided does not contain data that is readable by Easy Save. Please make sure that file was created by Easy Save.

I am not doing anything besides adding it to my _managers gameobject. Any ideas?

EDIT: It does still appear to work. So, I have no idea what that error means.

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Postby jjahuijbregts » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:45 am

awwilhelm2014 wrote:Thanks! I attached the manager, but it causes the following error when I quit playmode.

ES2InvalidDataException: Easy Save 2 Error: The file provided does not contain data that is readable by Easy Save. Please make sure that file was created by Easy Save.

I am not doing anything besides adding it to my _managers gameobject. Any ideas?

Hm... does this only happen on the first run, and then run just fine, or does it happen every time you run the game? I don't seem to have the issue, but I'm using an older version of EasySave2, I'll update and investigate a little further. Please let me know if you find any more details.

awwilhelm2014

Postby awwilhelm2014 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:04 pm

jjahuijbregts wrote:
awwilhelm2014 wrote:Thanks! I attached the manager, but it causes the following error when I quit playmode.

Hm... does this only happen on the first run, and then run just fine, or does it happen every time you run the game? I don't seem to have the issue, but I'm using an older version of EasySave2, I'll update and investigate a little further. Please let me know if you find any more details.

I think it is (to be more specific) the save. I looked into your code and noticed that in the SaveLoadManager, in the SaveAllQuestsAndAchievementsForAll function I never get the log DevdogLogger.Log("Saved " + db.Count + " player's quests"); to run in my conosle. It throws the error before then.

Edit: I did some more digging, and I found out that the EasySave2SaveLoadManager on line 17 writer.Write<QuestsContainerSerializationModel>(model); Is causing the error. Hopefully this helps!

Edit:Edit: I did more testing and found out that everything works the first time, but that is it. So if you clear the Appdata then load into a scene and start a quest then save > 1 times then you should get the error. Pretty much anytime you are overwriting the data, it seems that it throws the error. This error also prevents you from saving the quest you are on. So if everything is clear and you play and save only once. Start the scene again and load it it will work fine and when you save your new progress it will error and not save. Hopefully this helps more!

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Postby jjahuijbregts » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:46 pm

awwilhelm2014 wrote:
jjahuijbregts wrote:

I think it is (to be more specific) the save. I looked into your code and noticed that in the SaveLoadManager, in the SaveAllQuestsAndAchievementsForAll function I never get the log DevdogLogger.Log("Saved " + db.Count + " player's quests"); to run in my conosle. It throws the error before then.

Edit: I did some more digging, and I found out that the EasySave2SaveLoadManager on line 17 writer.Write<QuestsContainerSerializationModel>(model); Is causing the error. Hopefully this helps!

Edit:Edit: I did more testing and found out that everything works the first time, but that is it. So if you clear the Appdata then load into a scene and start a quest then save > 1 times then you should get the error. Pretty much anytime you are overwriting the data, it seems that it throws the error. This error also prevents you from saving the quest you are on. So if everything is clear and you play and save only once. Start the scene again and load it it will work fine and when you save your new progress it will error and not save. Hopefully this helps more!

ERghh.. when you posted it I felt so stupid; Easy save 2 needs to know which models to use for serialization and deserliazation, so you hav to add the models to the ES2Init.cs file ( http://devdog.io/unity-assets/quest-sys ... asy-save-2 ) I've updated the documentation, that should do the trick.

awwilhelm2014

Postby awwilhelm2014 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:55 pm

jjahuijbregts wrote:
awwilhelm2014 wrote:
jjahuijbregts wrote:

ERghh.. when you posted it I felt so stupid; Easy save 2 needs to know which models to use for serialization and deserliazation, so you hav to add the models to the ES2Init.cs file ( http://devdog.io/unity-assets/quest-sys ... asy-save-2 ) I've updated the documentation, that should do the trick.

I went to add it, but it looks like it was somehow already there. Any other ideas?

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Postby jjahuijbregts » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:41 pm

awwilhelm2014 wrote:
jjahuijbregts wrote:
awwilhelm2014 wrote:

I went to add it, but it looks like it was somehow already there. Any other ideas?

Not really to be honest; I'll update my version of Easy Save 2 and see if I can replicate the issue (haven't been able to yet with my current version).

awwilhelm2014

Postby awwilhelm2014 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:14 am

jjahuijbregts wrote:
awwilhelm2014 wrote:
jjahuijbregts wrote:

Not really to be honest; I'll update my version of Easy Save 2 and see if I can replicate the issue (haven't been able to yet with my current version).

Hey I was just wondering if there was an update on this or anything that I could do to help.

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Postby jjahuijbregts » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:45 am

awwilhelm2014 wrote:Hey I was just wondering if there was an update on this or anything that I could do to help.

I'm not able to replicate the issue; Are you certain you have the right permissions to write the file? Perhaps this is causing some issues?

Return to “Easy Save 2”