Good news! To provide faster support and grow the community, we'll be changing the forum to "Read Only" and turn to Discord instead for support.
Join here: https://discord.gg/zjNj5zZ

Missing Script on UI GO

xavier.long

Missing Script on UI GO

Postby xavier.long » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:27 pm

There's a missing component on the UI parent element from the "InGame" example scene. What is it and where can I find it? It doesn't seem to be negatively impacting how anything works, but still.

Also TheDefault collection that shows up (Inventory) shows up blank when you initially hit the escape button. You have to go forward to the next page then back again to get it to show up.

In the Hierarchy it looks like the Container under _INVENTORY_CONTAINER is deleted then readded when you revisit the page.

How can I get it to show up by default?

It seems to have something to do with the LayoutChanger reparenting things, but I can't figure out the root cause. been racking my brain on this one for weeks.

ANy help would be appreciated.

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Re: Missing Script on UI GO

Postby jjahuijbregts » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:17 pm

xavier.long wrote:There's a missing component on the UI parent element from the "InGame" example scene. What is it and where can I find it? It doesn't seem to be negatively impacting how anything works, but still.

Also TheDefault collection that shows up (Inventory) shows up blank when you initially hit the escape button. You have to go forward to the next page then back again to get it to show up.

In the Hierarchy it looks like the Container under _INVENTORY_CONTAINER is deleted then readded when you revisit the page.

How can I get it to show up by default?

It seems to have something to do with the LayoutChanger reparenting things, but I can't figure out the root cause. been racking my brain on this one for weeks.

ANy help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the heads up; I was able to replicate the issue. I'll be looking into it for the next release cycle.

xavier.long

Postby xavier.long » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:10 pm

Thanks. In the meantime, any idea bout what that missing script is?

jjahuijbregts
Site Admin

Postby jjahuijbregts » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:56 pm

xavier.long wrote:Thanks. In the meantime, any idea bout what that missing script is?

I'm actually missing the component as well, so it's most likely a remnant element that remained. Everything checks out and seems to work though, so for now I've just removed it.

Return to “Visuals”